Gestamp is in search of Mechatronics Technicians to maintain and repair complex robotic, electrical, and hydraulic systems utilized in the manufacturing process. Gestamp needs employees to install, repair and maintain various types of electromechanical equipment and industrial machines at their South Charleston facility.
BridgeValley uses an innovative block-scheduled, so program courses are offered two days a week in approximately 8-hour blocks for three semesters.
The program is designed to provide students hands-on instruction with the latest technologies to be prepared to work with electromechanical and automated equipment to create industrial and commercial products.
About the Program
The Gestamp Mechatronics program blends hands-on experience with classroom instruction to provide students the knowledge and skills to succeed in the workplace. The program lasts three semesters or approximately one year. Students will work three days a week, and attend class two days a week.
- 832 classroom hours will be taken at BridgeValley’s Advanced Technology Center located on the college’s South Charleston campus
- 1,404 On the job training hours will have to be completed for the Junior Technician program
- Students may be required to work different shifts and different hours throughout the program
- Earn $15/ hour for 30 hours a week to assist with education costs to reduce the need for loans
- Tuition reimbursement is available
- Gain a one-year certification in Mechatronics Technology from BridgeValley
- You will be considered a full-time employee eligible for benefits during the duration of the program
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify