BridgeValley CTC is proud to host "WV GIRL DAY" an annual local celebration of "Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day” which is recognized on the Thursday of National Engineers Week in February each year. The BridgeValley event invites 8th grade female students in West Virginia and local female professionals working in the engineering and technology fields for a day of collaborative information and creative fun. WV Girl Day has expanded to a two-day event in Charleston, and has expanded to also include events in Fairmont, Mongtomery, and now Beckley in 2018!
WV Girl Day! Announcing 5 events in 4 different locations around WV!
Young students and female engineers, technologists, and scientists will collaborate for a day of discussions, hands-on activities, and interaction with the goal of inspiring the next generation. Certificates and lunch will be provided.
- 8th grade middle school female students (public, private, homeschool)
- Female professionals working in STEM fields
All times from 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Programming consistent between locations.
- Events held in South Charleston, Montgomery, Fairmont, and Beckley!
STEM Professionals / Corporate Sponsors needed:
- Female STEM Professionals are welcome and needed!
- Corporate sponsors - to cover costs for event supplies, lunch for attendees, and giveaways (t-shirts to attendees, etc.)